Any type of travel will have a risk associated with the spread of COVID-19 virus. Sometimes there are circumstances where you have to travel. Here is what we recommend:
If You Travel
During your trip, take steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- Avoid close contact by staying at least 6 feet apart (about 2 arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
As for the logistics of what is needed for travelling to different countries, the following links is helpful and educational.
Here is a link to the FDA site for basics on types of COVID testing:
Here is a link to CDC Covid Risk Level for countries around the world:
Here is a link to Trip.com compilation of travel requirements update associated with Covid testing by countries:
As always, you can count on Downtown Medical Group to help you with any medical questions or concerns with regards to your safe travel for now and in the future.
At our Union Square location in San Francisco, we offer Rapid Covid Testing with PCR/qRT-PCR with a guarnteed 24-48 hr result (with all documentation necessary for travel), IgM/IgG antibody blood test, or standard Covid Testing (PCR -3-4 days turnaround), book an appointment at Downtown Medical Group.